We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something using my link, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
This recipe was shared with me almost 40 years ago while living in Virginia…it has been a “hit” at many a gathering and party at our place! Hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ cup bread crumbs, plain or seasoned
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. onion, fresh or equivalent dehydrated
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsps. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (I use low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tbsps. vinegar
- 6 tbsps. water
- ½ cup sugar (Splenda also works well!)